PAGE II is genotyping 50,000 samples using MEGA, an Illumina high density custom exomechip array, to continue emphasis on characterizing population-level disease risks in non-European-descent individuals. Cohorts in PAGE II are: CALiCo (Causal Variants Across the Life Course, a consortium of ARIC, CARDIA, HCHS/SOL, Strong Heart Studies), ISMMS (Mount Sinai BioMe Biobank), MEC (Multiethnic Cohort), and WHI (Women’s Health Initiative). PAGE is investigating anthropometric, cardiovascular, hypertension, kidney, inflammatory, lipid, T2D, and other traits.
PAGE is actively seeking other MEGA users for collaborative efforts. Please fill out this voluntary short survey to provide information about your MEGA study. If you'd like us to share this info with other MEGA users, we will post an info table here. Otherwise we will use your info only internally within PAGE.
You can find information here about Illumina's MEGA:
- Illumina Expanded Multi-Ethnic Genotyping Array MEGA-EX (from CIDR)
- Illumina Infinium Multi-Ethnic Global BeadChip
- News article from GenomeWeb
You can find Illumina two strand translation files here:
You can find the SNP submission file at dbSNP here:
- View MEGA SNP submission batch at dbSNP
- Download MEGA SNP batch data (including original IDs, ssIDs, and rsIDs)